Physicians and Guns
- The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.
- Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000.
- Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171.
Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept. of Health Human Services.
- The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000. Yes, that is 80 million.
- The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups is 1,500.
- The number of accidental deaths pre gun owner is 0.000188.
Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.
Remember, "Guns don't kill people, doctors do."
Fact: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.