Why did God make mothers?
Answers given by elementary school age children to the following questions.
Why did God make mothers?
How did God make mothers?
- She's the only one who knows where the scotch tape is.
- Mostly to clean the house.
- To help us out of there when we were getting born.
What ingredients are mothers made of?
- He used dirt, just like for the rest of us.
- Magic plus super powers and a lot of string.
- God made my mom just the same like he made me. He just used bigger parts.
Why did God give you your mother and not some other mom?
- God makes mothers out of clouds and angel hair and everything nice in the world and one dab of mean.
- They had to get their start from men's bones. Then they mostly use string, I think.
What kind of little girl was your mom?
- We're related.
- God knew she likes me a lot more than other people's moms like me.
What did mom need to know about dad before she married him?
- My mom has always been my mom and none of that other stuff.
- I don't know because I wasn't there, but my guess would be pretty bossy.
- They say she used to be nice.
Why did your mom marry your dad?
- His last name.
- She had to know his background. Like is he a crook?
- Does he make at least $800 a year? Did he say NO to drugs and YES to chores?
Who's the boss at your house?
- My dad makes the best spaghetti in the world. And my mom eats a lot.
- She got too old to do anything else with him.
- My grandma says that mom didn't have her thinking cap on.
What's the difference between moms and dads?
- Mom doesn't want to be boss, but she has to because dad's such a goof ball.
- Mom. You can tell by room inspection. She sees the stuff under the bed.
- I guess Mom is, but only because she has a lot more to do than dad.
What does your mom do in her spare time?
- Moms work at work & work at home, & dads just go to work at work.
- Moms know how to talk to teachers without scaring them.
- Dads are taller & stronger, but moms have all the real power 'cause that's who you got to ask if you want to sleep over at your friend's.
- Moms have magic, they make you feel better without medicine.
What would it take to make your mom perfect?
- Mothers don't do spare time.
- To hear her tell it, she pays bills all day long.
If you could change one thing about your mom, what would it be?
- On the inside she's already perfect. Outside, I think some kind of plastic surgery.
- Diet. You know, her hair. I'd diet, maybe blue.
- She has this weird thing about me keeping my room clean. I'd get rid of that.
- I'd make my mom smarter. Then she would know it was my sister who did it and not me.
- I would like for her to get rid of those invisible eyes on the back of her head.